1. The Tastefilter Service.
2. The Tastefilter service allows users to download a free application from a personal mobile device. Tastefilter's technology is based on an intelligent search engine which evolves according to your tastes and preferences. Users can discover and share original content (music, movie,...). For further information on the TasteFilter Service please check out our FAQs at http://www.tastefilter.com
4. All information, data, text, graphics, video, messages or other materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted to the Website or via the Tastefilter App ("User Content"), is the sole responsibility of the user transmitting it. This means that the viewer or user, and not Tastefilter, are entirely responsible for all such User Content uploaded, posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available by using the Tastefilter Service. Tastefilter does not control or actively monitor User Content and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such content. Users acknowledge that by using the Tastefilter Service, they may be exposed to materials that are offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will Tastefilter be liable in any way for any materials, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any materials or any defects or errors in any printing or manufacturing, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the viewing or use of any materials posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Tastefilter Service.
5. Restrictions on User Content and Use of the Tastefilter Service.
7. In using the Website, Tastefilter App and, more generally, the Tastefilter Service You shall not:
8. You also agree not to access the Website in a manner that utilizes the resources of the Website more heavily than would be the case for an individual person using a conventional web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, operators of public search engines may use spiders or other bots for the purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials on this Website.
9. License of Content.
11. End User License.
14. If You provide Tastefilter with any suggestions, comments or other feedback relating to any aspect of the Website, Tastefilter App and/or the Tastefilter Service ("Feedback"), Tastefilter may use such Feedback for the Tastefilter Service and in the Website or in any other Tastefilter products or services (collectively, "Tastefilter Offerings"). Accordingly, You agree that: (a) Tastefilter is not subject to any confidentiality obligations in respect to the Feedback, (b) the Feedback is not confidential or proprietary information of You or any third party and You have all of the necessary rights to disclose the Feedback to Tastefilter, (c) Tastefilter (including all of its successors and assigns and any successors and assigns of any of the Tastefilter Offerings) may freely use, reproduce, publicize, license, distribute, and otherwise commercialize Feedback in any Tastefilter Offerings, and (d) You are not entitled to receive any compensation or re-imbursement of any kind from Tastefilter or any of the other users of the Website in respect of the Feedback.
16. You acknowledge and agree that the Website and Tastefilter App may contain advertisements. If You elect to have any business dealings with anyone whose products or services may be advertised on the Website, You acknowledge and agree that such dealings are solely between You and such advertiser and You further acknowledge and agree that Tastefilter shall not have any responsibility or liability for any losses or damages that You may incur as a result of any such dealings. You shall be responsible for obtaining access to the Website and acknowledge that such access may involve third-party fees (such as Internet service provider access or data fees). You shall be solely responsible for any such fees and also for obtaining any equipment that is required to access the Website. It is your responsibility to ascertain whether any information or materials downloaded from the Website are free of viruses, worms, Trojan Horses, or other items of a potentially destructive nature.
18. You acknowledge and agree that Tastefilter may occasionally send you emails. These emails may include questions other users have asked you, answers to questions you have posted, welcome emails, and emails describing updates to the Tastefilter service.
19. Links & Third-Party Websites.
20. This Website (including User Content) may contain links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by Tastefilter. In no event shall any reference to any third party, third party product or service be construed as an approval or endorsement by Tastefilter of that third party, third party product or service. Tastefilter is also not responsible for the content of any linked websites. Any third-party websites or services accessed from the Website are subject to the terms and conditions of those websites and or services and You are responsible for determining those terms and conditions and complying with them. The presence on the Website of a link to any other website(s) does not imply that Tastefilter endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content or use of such websites, and You hereby release Tastefilter from all liability and/damages that may arise from Your use of such websites or receipt of services from any such websites.
22. DISCLAIMER OF REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS.
23. THE WEBSITE, TASTEFILTER SERVICE, TASTEFILTER APP AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED THEREIN ARE PROVIDED "AS IS." TASTEFILTER SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, BY USAGE OF TRADE, COURSE OF DEALING OR OTHERWISE INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, SATISFACTORY QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE TASTEFILTER SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM, LOSS OF DATA, OR ANY OTHER LOSS THAT RESULTS FROM DOWNLOADING OR USING ANY SUCH MATERIAL. TASTEFILTER DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, PROVIDE ANY CONDITIONS OR REPRESENTATIONS, OR ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY ANY THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR IN RESPECT TO ANY WEBSITE THAT CAN BE REACHED FROM A LINK ON THE WEBSITE OR THE TASTEFILTER APP OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING ON THE WEBSITE OR TASTEFILTER APP, AND TASTEFILTER SHALL NOT BE A PARTY TO ANY TRANSACTION THAT YOU MAY ENTER INTO WITH ANY SUCH THIRD PARTY. TASTEFILTER WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY TYPE OF CONTENT EXCHANGED BY MEANS OF THE TASTEFILTER SERVICE.
24. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
25. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL TASTEFILTER BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM (I) YOUR USE OF OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE, THE TASTEFILTER APP OR THE TASTEFILTER SERVICE, (II) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES, (III) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES IN THE MATERIALS ON THE WEBSITE, (IV) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE TASTEFILTER SERVICE, ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR ANY OTHER FILES OR DATA THAT MAY BE HARMFUL TO COMPUTER OR COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT OR DATA THAT MAY HAVE BEEN TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TASTEFILTER APP, OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY MATERIAL ON THE WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY EVEN IF TASTEFILTER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, TASTEFILTER'S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT (FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION), WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (A) FIFTY U.S. DOLLARS ($50) OR (B) AMOUNTS YOU'VE PAID TASTEFILTER IN THE PRIOR 12 MONTHS (IF ANY)THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENSION PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
30. AVAILABILITY & UPDATES.
31. Tastefilter may alter, suspend, or discontinue the Tastefilter Service, the Website and/or the Tastefilter App at any time and for any reason or no reason, without notice. The Website, Service and/or Tastefilter App may be unavailable from time to time due to maintenance or malfunction of computer or network equipment or other reasons. Tastefilter may periodically add or update the information and materials on this Website without notice.
33. Information sent or received over the Internet is generally unsecure and Tastefilter cannot and does not make any representation or warranty concerning security of any communication to or from the Website or the Tastefilter App. You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Tastefilter Service and you are responsible for any activities or actions under your password. You agree to keep your password secure. Tastefilter will not be liable for any loss
DATE : December, 19 2012
1. Using the TasteFilter Mobile Service
In order to use the mobile features of the TasteFilter Service, you must consent to: (a) the use of your phone’s location to provide TasteFilter to you, including the display and disclosure of that location information to your TasteFilter friends and within your geo-tagged messages and content; (b) receive text messages; and (c) pay carrier data, messaging, and other fees resulting from TasteFilter usage. Data and messaging (including SMS text messages) plans are required to use the mobile features of the TasteFilter Service. Standard data and messaging charges, fees, and taxes from your carrier apply.
2. Information We Collect
3. How We Use Your Information
We use the personal information you submit to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service.
Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service (including your location information and User Content) becomes available to the public. TasteFilter is not responsible for the personally identifiable, profile, or location information that you choose to disclose publicly on the Service. If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users have copied or saved that information.
When you have the TasteFilter Software running on your mobile phone, TasteFilter shows your phone’s current geo-location to your selected TasteFilter friends, as controlled by your privacy settings.
By providing TasteFilter your email address, you consent to our using the email address to send you Service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. We may also use your email address or mobile phone number to send you other messages, such as newsletters, changes to features of the Service, or special offers. If you do not want to receive such messages, you may opt out or change your preferences in your settings page. Opting out may prevent you from receiving messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers. You may not opt out of Service-related e-mails. If you correspond with us by email, we may retain the content of your email messages and our responses.
If you choose to use our invitation service to invite a friend to the Service, we will ask you for that person’s email address and automatically send an email invitation. TasteFilter stores this information to send this email, to register your friend if your invitation is accepted, and to track the success of our invitation service. Your friend may contact us to request that we remove this information from our database.
asteFilter may use certain information about you and/or your User Content without identifying you as an individual to third parties. We do this for purposes such as analyzing how the Service is used, diagnosing service or technical problems, maintaining security, and personalizing content.
4. How We Share Your Information
asteFilter does not share your personally identifiable information or personally-identifiable location information with other, third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your express consent or unless you have opted-in to be part of a specific program or feature. We cannot control third parties’ use of your information. If you do not want your information to be collected by or shared with such a third party, you can choose not to participate in such programs or features. As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Customer, email, and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. We may also transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or dissolution.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for certain TasteFilter services.
5. How We Protect Your Information
TasteFilter uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to TasteFilter and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, TasteFilter makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from TasteFilter, at all times.
We collected the questions that people ask most
frequently, and we answered it:
What is Taste Filter?
It’s an application for all tactile platforms (smartphones and tablettes) that revoutionizes your way of researching and discovering new content on-line (music, films, books, clothing,...)
In what way is Taste Filter different than other discovery content applications ?
The Taste Filter application acts like a human brain. Each of its functions has been designed to be simple to use and the most intuitive possible. Anyone from any age can easily learn how to use this application after only a few minutes.
How much does this application cost ?
Nothing. Downloading the application and the updates are completely free.
When will the application be available ?
The first version, only available for Tablets, will come out in the 3rd quarter of 2012 at the App Store and Google Play.
When will the other versions be available?
The first format is the Ipad. The Iphone and then the Android (smartphones and tablettes) will be available in the following months, before the end of 2012.
Is there a way of testing the application before it comes out?
Yes, Ipad owners who agree to our Terms and Conditions can send an e-mail to email@example.com to become a Beta-tester. Access is limited, do not lose time.
© Taste Filter Made in Montreal All rights reserved